Sound Toys’ Radiator Emulated Tube Input Channel/EQ gives you the warmth and grit of the legendary Altec 1567A tube hardware mixer of the 1960s in a convenient plug-in. The original was used on early Motown records, gracing those hits with a hefty dose of colourful character. The distinctively green rack unit might have been relegated to a footnote in audio history, were it not for its recent rediscovery by artists such as Maroon 5 and the Black Keys. To inject classic Altec tubularity into your productions, instantiate Sound Toys’ Radiator.
- Bring classic Altec tube sound to your desktop recording rig
- Modelled bass and treble tone controls from the original hardware unit
- Mix control for easy parallel processing
- Saturation and harmonic effects of the original hardware input and output amplifiers
- On/off switch for the good old-fashioned hardware noise of the original
- Includes Little Radiator, a simpler single-stage tube pre amp model based on the Altec 1566A hardware
- Plug-in Formats (64-bit only): AAX Native, AAX AudioSuite, VST, and Audio Units (AU)
- Supported Sample Rates: Minimum: 44.1 kHz, Maximum: 192 kHz
- System Requirements: Operating systems: Mac OS X 10.10 or later; Windows 7 or later
- An internet connection is required at the time of activation
- Supported Hosts: Pro Tools (11 or later), Live, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, Logic, Digital Performer
No refunds are possible on digital products – view our full Refund Policy here.