Precise and transparent drum gating – at the heart of the Drum Gate is intelligent drum-hit detection. First, all hits are analysed in real-time using tailor-made transient detection. Then, you simply decide which hits on which drums to keep.
Do you need to reduce spill on a snare track in a dynamic mix of backbeats, ghost notes, and cross stick hits? No problem! Just click the Snare button. Everything else is gated out.
Tired of fighting abrupt and un-musical gating? Do you want to keep the natural ring of toms and remove the spill around them? Easy! Use Drum Gate’s adaptive Decay section to quickly tune the resonance of each tom, in real-time, according to the velocity of each detected hit.
Wish you could improve the consistency of the drummers performance? Of course you do! Conform louder main hits and softer background articulations to two separately controlled target level ranges in the Leveller section. 4. Want to augment or replace individual drums with samples and confidently retain the dynamics from the original performance? Piece of cake! It’s delivered by Drum Gate’s hit detection and MIDI triggering functionality.
- Precise transient detection and intelligent drum-type matching to effortlessly separate the hits you want to keep from the spill you don’t
- Create custom drum profiles to isolate unusual drum types or fix the occasional kick, snare, or tom mismatch
- Decay curve which adapts to the velocity of each drum hit, giving you consistent spill reduction on dynamic performances
- Spectral decay editor lets you preserve the resonance, ring, or rattle of each drum hit while quickly clamping down on the spill
- The leveller’s dual target and amount controls let you improve level consistency without losing the contrast between loud hits and soft ghost notes
- Real-time MIDI output and MIDI file capture, for accurately triggering drum samples
iLok USB device. iLok2 / iLok3 required with latest drivers, or iLok Cloud (active internet connection required).
- Pro Tools 11 and above – AAX Native
- Approved Pro Tools CPU, OS and hardware configuration
- Audio Units compatible application (Logic, Digital Performer etc.)
- Mac OS X 10.8 or later
- VST2 or VST3 compatible application (Cubase, Nuendo, Sequoia etc.)
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- Windows 7 or later
No refunds are possible on digital products – view our full Refund Policy here.