The NR800 operates on mostly broad band frequencies, but can also be focused in a narrow portion of the frequency spectrum using noise reduction focus points. A set of input filters and be configured with slopes up to 36 dB/Oct, and can be set at frequencies independent of noise reduction focus points.
Several noise reduction modes can be selected from the NR Mode control to provide a range of smooth to aggressive noise reduction amounts. A Range control can be used to scale the overall noise reduction from 100% to 0% (off). An ‘x2’ mode will also double the noise reduction amounts in all bands, when less finely tuned adjustment is needed, or when noise problems are severe. The Response time controls how fast the noise reduction recovers from a ‘noise event’. An NR Bias selector allows different noise reduction amounts to be activated when ‘snapping’ the noise reduction gain and thresholds to the input signal.
Each of the 8 bands in the NR800 has a noise reduction amount fader and noise detection threshold marker, and the usual McDSP linking control capabilities from a master (M) and linked (L) control button paradigm. Each band may also be individually bypassed or soloed to audition incoming noise amounts.
- HPF and LPF pre-filtering
- Eight bands of focusable noise reduction
- Noise reduction mode and bias options
- Overall noise reduction range and response control
- McDSP Emmy Award winning engineering
- Requires an iLok2 or iLok3 USB Smart Key, or an iLok License Manager account and an iLok Cloud session for authorization
- Native: AAX Native, AU, and VST3
- HD: AAX DSP, AAX Native, AU and VST3
- Mac: 10.10.x (Yosemite), 10.11.x (El Capitan), 10.12.x (Sierra), 10.13.x (High Sierra), 10.14.x (Mojave), 10.15.x (Catalina), 11.6.x (Big Sur)
- Windows: 7, 8 and 10
No refunds are possible on digital products – view our full Refund Policy here.