As one of the most used effects in the audio world, reverbs come in all forms and flavours. A great reverb sounds natural and sits in the mix perfectly. At the same time, it should not confuse you with over-technical controls, but must be easy to set up and a joy to work with. Enter FabFilter Pro-R.
Make some space
FabFilter Pro-R takes a musical approach to reverb, offering user-friendly, non-technical controls like Brightness, Character and Distance to achieve the reverb sound you are looking for — without requiring a degree in reverb science.
The stepless Space control lets you fade between dozens of different, carefully tuned room models, automatically choosing a matching decay time for a natural-sounding result.
Shape the decay time
The decay time of a real room often varies wildly over the frequency spectrum, which is one of the key ingredients of a room’s reverb character. To simulate this, the industry-first Decay Rate EQ concept in FabFilter Pro-R offers completely free adjustment of the decay time over the frequency spectrum.
Since it uses parametric EQ bands instead of a traditional crossover system, it provides much more flexibility to shape the decay time characteristics. Together with the integrated 6-band Post-EQ, designing reverbs of any style or character has never been easier.
- Beautifully designed room models, ranging from small ambiences and rooms to large concert halls and huge cathedrals
- Carefully developed to easily fit in the mix, without causing undesirable coloration, density or phase problems
- Gorgeous Retina interface with large interactive reverb display featuring Decay Rate EQ and Post EQ curves.
- Very easy to set up, with user-friendly, non-technical controls
- Step less Space control, which smartly and smoothly combines the room model and decay time of the reverb. You can choose from over a dozen carefully designed room models and seamlessly vary between them, without hearing clicks or unwanted artifacts
- Decay Rate control, changing the overall decay time from 50% to 200% of the current Space setting
- Intelligent Stereo Width control, ranging from pure mono to true stereo and beyond
- Distance control to adjust the proximity to the sound source in the selected space
- The Character control changes the sound from a clean, transparent decay, to a lively reverb with pronounced reflections and echoes, all the way to an over-modulated chorus-like effect
- Perfectly tuned Brightness knob, affecting not only overall brightness, but also the decay of high frequencies
- Mix knob with a Lock Mix option, which prevents preset loading from overriding the current mix setting
- Pre-delay control via the bottom bar, ranging from 0 to 500 ms, with optional host tempo sync
- Innovative six-band Decay Rate EQ, giving you full control over the decay rate at different frequencies
- Six-band Post EQ to equalize the final reverb sound. Together with the Decay Rate EQ, this lets you design reverbs of any style or character
- Real-time spectrum analyzer that also visualizes the decay time at different frequencies
- Full Screen mode, offering a large analyzer display and Decay Rate EQ and Post EQ controller
- Multiple interface sizes: Medium, Large and Extra Large
- Stereo and mono plug-ins available
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces
- MIDI Learn
- Undo/redo and A/B comparison
- Smart Parameter Interpolation
- Sample-accurate automation of all parameters
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints
MAC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- OS X 10.6 or higher
- AU or VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- Intel processor
PC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- 32-bit: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP
- 64-bit: Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista(x64)
- VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
No refunds are possible on digital products – view our full Refund Policy here.