Within this virtual room (modelled on the legendary 3 mic technique used to record David Bowie`s “Heroes” in the Meistersaal of Berlins Hansa Tonstudios) you can mix three virtual channels: one main mic with subtle ambience and two moveable mics capturing the lush room reverb.
Near & Far
Tverb is a reverb unlike any other. Start with a perfect room and configure it to taste by adjusting the standard reverb controls of decay, diffusion and EQ to create the ambience that brings your tracks to life. Now, place a couple of additional microphones anywhere in that room. Move them around until the track sits perfectly in your mix. Set the mikes’ gates to open with the dynamics of the track. Tverb, gives you control all of these parameters and more. And because Tverb is algorithmic, you can do it all in real time (which wouldn’t be possible with a convolution reverb). You can even have your mics dance around the room in real-time. Impossible in real life; a snap in Tverb.
Open the Gates
With analog-modeled compression on the main channel and gating on the reverb channels, Tverb is a unique tool for audio with wide dynamic range. The inspiration for the plug-in was the setup Visconti used to capture the incredible dynamic range of David Bowie’s vocals while recording Heroes. Tverb builds on Visconti’s technique and opens up undreamed of possibilities.
- 2 Moveable microphones to adjust depth of field and room reflections
- Adjustable polar patterns for microphone 1 to adjust the amount of ambient room tone
- Eventide’s complex reverb algorithm with EQ, diffusion and decay control
- Compressor module on microphone 1, just as Visconti had in the original session
- 2 linkable, post-reverb gate modules with control of when the gates close, the speed at which they close and the length of time they are forced to stay open
- Console (inspired by the one used in the session, including Visconti’s ‘grease pencil’ labelling) that provides post-reverb channel processing for each individual mic and the master
- Room mixer module alters the sound of the room itself with control over decay, diffusion and frequency response
- Light weight! Low CPU loading allows you to put Tverb on multiple tracks
- Signal inversion buttons to remove (or create) phase cancellation
- Mix Lock allows for scrolling through presets or settings while keeping the wet/dry mix constant
- Complete automation support
Microsoft Windows 7+ and Apple OS X 10.7+
No refunds are possible on digital products – view our full Refund Policy here.