Octave Cat features the flexible modulation, screaming audio-range oscillator cross-mod, and fierce oscillator sync of the original hardware, and extends it with expanded polyphony, a robust integrated effects suite, and a versatile dual-step sequencer.
- All aspects of the original CAT precisely modeled in exacting detail
- Over 300 presets
- Dual Panel Views with an authentic Main view for synthesis controls, and an additional FX/Seq panel with extended features
- Monophonic, duophonic, and polyphonic (up to 16 voices) voice modes
- Unison for mono and duo modes
- Two distinct VCOs with discrete wave, modulation, S+H, and sub octave settings; VCO1 with saw, triangle, and pulse with PWM, and VCO2 with square and saw waveforms
- Vintage-correct four-pole 24 db/oct filter, based on the original “cascaded OTA” SSM2040 filter with precise replication of The CAT’s unique resonance
- Accurate reproduction of the original’s Transient Generators section with two envelope generators: a standard ADSR (attack/decay/sustain/release), and an AR (attack/release)
- Sample and Hold with VCO1, VCO2, or Noise as source, with Glide that slews the voltage steps for smoother transitions
- User-selectable Bend Depth, Octave Shift, and note Glide
- Tempo-syncable LFO with onset delay
- White noise generator
- Classic-style dual-channel, eight-step sequencer, independently assignable to oscillator pitches, filter cutoff frequency and VCA amplitude, with tempo sync, quantization, and keyboard transpose
- Studio-quality integrated effects: distortion with tube and fuzz, 2/4/8/12-stage phaser, flanger/chorus, three syncable delay types, and five reverb types
- Selectable original “Mark I” or later-style “SRM” skin
- Standalone virtual instrument and plug-in versions included
- Channel pressure and polyphonic aftertouch as a polyphonic modulation source
- Support for MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) — Pitch, Channel Pressure, and Timbre — making Octave Cat capable of more organic and expressive performances when using MPE-compatible controllers
- Complete MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls, with easy-to-use MIDI learn and mapping
- Cherry Audio’s popular Focus zoom-in feature, as well as standard UI zoom and resize via drag
- Complete documentation available directly online from the instrument or in downloadable PDF format
- User-adjustable oversampling control
Octave Cat is available in AU, VST, VST3, AAX, and standalone formats.
Internet connection required for product activation.
Hard disk space: 21 MB
MAC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- macOS 10.13 or above
- macOS 13 Ventura supported, 64-bit required.
- Native Apple M1 processor support, including Apple M1 Ultra
- 3.4 GHz Quad-Core or M1 CPU with 8GB of RAM recommended
PC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Windows 7 or above (including Windows 11), 64-bit required.
- Quad-core computer with 8GB of RAM recommended
No refunds are possible on digital products – view our full Refund Policy here.